You must proceed carefully when applying for Social Security disability benefits and compensation!
One mistake in a doctor’s record or a missing form can make the difference between benefits or months, possibly years of delay.
You will encounter a bureaucratic monstrosity from a government benefits program having its own hurdles to jump.
Do You Need the Help of a Metairie Disability Lawyer?
Having a lawyer gives you a big advantage.
Having a lawyer knowledgeable in disability claims is invaluable.
From our Metairie law office, our Louisiana Disability Law team is your partner to guide you through this process.
You wanted to get back to work as quickly as possible after your illness or injury.
But as the weeks went by, that hope drifted further and further away, and now your doctor has said that you may not ever be able to perform your old job again.
You may not be able to walk, sleep through the night, or get through the day without severe pain!
And then your application for Social Security disability is DENIED.
You paid for your Social Security benefits with every paycheck, and now can’t get them when you need them!
You’re frustrated by the system and scared of the future, and you don’t know where to turn.
Above all, you can’t believe you’re expected to deal with a mountain of paperwork while you’re struggling just to make it through the day.
Do You Qualify for Disability Benefits?
This is one of the questions we get from people the most often. They just want to know if they qualify for SSDI benefits.
After helping hundreds of people across the country obtain disability benefits, we can get a good idea if you qualify by simply asking you a few simple questions.
Take our quick SSDI quiz, and we can tell you if we think you will qualify!
How We Can Help Your Social Security Disability Claim?
I am Loyd Bourgeois, a disability attorney in Metairie, Louisiana.
Our team hears stories every day about good, hard-working people - just like you -who can barely make ends meet because they can’t work anymore.
SSA has denied or delayed their claim.
Many have been denied their rightful benefits and compensation, and some are about to lose their homes because they can no longer pay the mortgage or rent.
We help with:
- Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) applications
- SSDI denials and appeals
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI) denials and appeals
Call our Louisiana Disability Law team today, so we can start investigating your claim and strategize how to best argue for your disability benefits!
We can come to you if your disability or injury prevents you from coming into our Metairie, Louisiana law office.
Our office is conveniently located off between the Interstate-10 Service Road and West Napoleon Avenue on North Hullen Street.
Our team understands the significant financial hardships that disability imposes on an injured worker. You will face difficult and specific challenges.
As a Metairie disability lawyer who has fought hard for the benefits of the disabled and compensation for the injured, I can guide you through this difficult time while taking the necessary and appropriate steps to get you some relief as quickly as possible.
Our Louisiana Disability Law team has successfully helped disabled workers like you get Social Security disability benefits and back pay.
9 Mistakes That Can Disable Your Social Security Disability Claim
If you're preparing to apply for Social Security disability or appeal a claim denial, you need this information.
9 Mistakes that Can Disable Your Social Security Disability Claim is a helpful and informative guide that will guide you through some of the common mistakes and errors that lead to unfavorable Social Security Disability decisions.
Don't make a costly mistake that could cause you to lose the benefits that you need to survive!
Whether you hire me or not, I want you to have a copy.
Just click here to receive your free copy of my book 9 Mistakes That Can Disable Your Social Security Disability Claim.
How Do You Find a Good Social Security Disability Lawyer in Metairie?
Here are some questions you might consider asking a law firm before hiring them:
- If I am not happy with your firm the first 30 days after I hire you, can I discharge you as my attorney, take my case, and owe you nothing? The answer should be yes.
- Will your office be communicating with the Social Security Administration on my case? Yes, we will.
- Can you copy me on everything you do for my case? Yes.
- Have you ever been disciplined by the State Bar of Louisiana? No.
- Are you covered by a legal malpractice insurance policy? Yes.
- How much experience does your firm have in representing Social Security Disability clients? Take a look at our reviews on Facebook, Google, or Avvo.
- So, what do we have to prove to win my benefits? The representative should be able to describe this concisely to you!
The Compassion You Deserve. The Competence You Need.
We know firsthand how the onset of a medical disability or a disabling injury can affect you physically, mentally, and socially.
You are operating at much less than your best when you apply for benefits or are forced to deal with a greedy insurance company.
The questions take longer to understand, phone interviews confuse you because they talk in circles, you just want to sleep or rest or lay down…and to add insult to injury, you get the feeling that no one believes you!
You no longer have to be overwhelmed by your disability claim.
Let your team at Louisiana Disability Law take the anxiety and stress out of the disability application/appeal process.
We have developed and refined tools and strategies over the years to give you the best chance to win the benefits you worked for and deserve.
Our team navigates you through the maze of disability doctors, endless forms, and complicated legal jargon to make it EASY FOR YOU!
So you can focus on you and we can get you the benefits you earned.
Your LJBLegal team provides:
- Access. Some Social Security disability lawyers never meet their clients until the morning of the disability hearing. When Louisiana Disability Law takes your case, you will speak to your attorney at the beginning, middle, and end of the process, including a pre-hearing, in-person meeting (in most cases). Try getting that with the big national or local disability representatives who advertise on television!
- Answers and counsel. Our clients know they are more than just a case. Our team goes beyond the paperwork and legal issues to get to the heart of your concerns. We love getting to know each of our clients on a personal level, and we understand that your current situation does not define you! If necessary, we are happy to meet with clients in their own homes.
- Knowledge. Our team has extensive legal experience and has worked with many medical impairments and injuries. This knowledge and experience results in us being able to anticipate common objections in your case. It gives us a unique understanding of what Social Security will be looking for in order to dispute your claim. And, it helps us formulate the most effective strategies for success.
Our Metairie disability law firm helps a wide variety of injured workers across Louisiana get the disability payments they deserve!
You may be wondering how you will ever pay a lawyer.
How Much Does a Metairie Disability Lawyer Cost?
In Social Security disability cases, I only get paid when I win benefits for my clients.
I only get paid if you get paid. There are no upfront, out of pocket costs to you.
We only get paid a portion of your back benefits if we win. In many cases, $6,000 is the maximum fee for a Social Security disability representative or attorney (if we win at the first hearing).
Call 985-240-9773 or fill out our online contact form to schedule your free, confidential consultation.