The New Orleans Social Security hearing office is located at 1515 Poydras Street in New Orleans, Louisiana.
- Coming from the Westbank, cross the Greater New Orleans bridge, exit at O'Keefe Avenue.
- Stay on O'Keefe until you get to Poydras Street. It will be 4 red lights.
- Take a left onto Poydras Street.
- The building is at 1515 Poydras Street, just past Lasalle Street. To get to the parking garage, pass up the building and proceed to Freret Street.
- Take a right on Freret.
- The parking garage will be on your right.
- Proceed up the ramp and press the button to get a parking ticket. Bring this ticket with you into the building. Do not leave it in your car.
- Once you have found a parking space, follow the signs to the elevators.
- Take the elevator to floor 1.
- Exit the elevator and cross the lobby to the second bank of elevators which go to floors 16-27.
- Take the elevator to floor 16.
- When you exit the elevator, you will see the Social Security Hearing Office.
- Have your picture ID and hearing notice with you.
- Remember that you cannot bring weapons such as guns, pocket knives, fingernail files or chemicals such as pepper spray or mace into the hearing office.
- After your hearing, by the parking garage elevators, there will be a pay kiosk to pay for your parking. It accepts cash and credit cards.
- Taking your ticket and receipt with you. You will need them to exit the garage.
If you have more questions about your upcoming hearing and what to expect, check out our guide What to Expect at an SSDI Hearing.
If you need legal help or have specific questions about your case, give us a call at 985-240-9773.