You can apply for social security disability benefits or supplemental security income benefits in a number of ways.
The best and most reliable method is to go to your local social security office and apply in person. I am listing a few Louisiana Social Security Offices here for your reference:
- 1616 Joe Yenni Blvd, Kenner, Louisiana
- 400 Poydras, Suite 500, New Orleans, Louisiana
- 115 Terry Parkway, Terrytown, Louisiana
- 19375 North 4th Street, Covington, Louisiana
- 205 Arkansas Street, Bogalusa, Louisiana
- 2100 Robin Avenue, Hammond, Louisiana
- 2nd Floor Federal Building 206, 423 Lafayette St., Houma, Louisiana
If an office close to you is not listed, you can find the office that serves you by using Social Security’s Find An Office tool.
You should be aware that the in person application, while the most thorough, can take a few hours between the waiting and the application. You should prepare to be there the whole day and have as many records as possible with you. You can also call in advance for an appointment at 1-800-772-1213.
You can also apply for social security disability benefits online.
Good luck with your application.