As a native of south Louisiana – this is a good excuse to celebrate. Coming up on March 21 is National French Bread Day. Celebrate by enjoying your favorite Po’boy (or more correctly Poor Boy) on a great loaf of French bread. And since it falls on a Tuesday, you can still enjoy a Roast Beef Po’boy without guilt during this Lenten season.
Here are a few of my favorite Po’boy spots:
- Fatty Shack located in Luling, Louisiana right down the road from my office
- Zydeco’s located in Paradis, Louisiana
- Grumpy’s located in Paradis, Louisiana
- Parran’s located in Metairie, Louisiana and Kenner, Louisiana
- Domilise’s located in New Orleans, Louisiana
- Parkway Bakery & Tavern located in New Orleans, Louisiana
- Short Stop Poboys located in Metairie, Louisiana
- Danny & Clyde’s, various locations throughout southeast Louisiana
- Chateau Orleans located in Marrero, Louisiana
- Juneau’s located in Marrero, Louisiana
- Bayou Blue Po-Boys located in Bayou Blue, Louisiana
- Griffin’s Poboys located in Houma, Louisiana
There are so many good Po’boy shops in southeast Louisiana including in Thibodaux, Gretna, Laplace, Raceland, Luling, Harvey, New Orleans, and everywhere. What are some of your favorites? I am always on the lookout for new spots!