Legal Office Assistant
Who are you: You are a superstar or well on your way to becoming a superstar legal assistant. You are a go-getter with drive and an ability to learn quickly. You are technologically adept and able to handle many moving parts with style and grace but can have a bulldog mentality when needed. You can handle changes to routine effortlessly and like to improve along the way. And, you are detailed oriented, great with follow-up and your friends and family agree on your trustworthiness and dependability. If you have experience with plaintiff personal injury or family law, that’s even better.
What will you do: You will help our small staff in multiple ways by becoming our front-line assistant in injury and family law cases helping us get the results our clients need. You will provide direction and assistance to our intake team for new potential cases and follow-up on representation agreements, scheduled appointments, and ensuring callers and clients are treated with compassion and care. You will utilize our case management system to ensure our cases are flowing properly and you will be primarily responsible for getting cases ready for settlements, hearings, and trials. You will work hard and become a valuable asset on our team! Prior injury or family law experience is great.
Who are we: We are a small law firm growing to meet our client demand. We are based in Luling, Louisiana alongside the Mississippi River with easy access to I-310 and the entire metro area. We have a second office in Metairie. We are growing because of the care we show to our clients, our ability to connect with potential clients, and the results we achieve. We have great client reviews because of the compassion we exhibit, and we expect the same from all of our staff. We effectively use technology to communicate with our clients and maintain our “PAPER-LESS” office. We offer a great quality of life and a friendly atmosphere.
For the outstanding candidate selected, our firm offers semi-flexible scheduling, PTO, and 401(k) after 90 days. Pay dependent upon experience and potential.
How to Apply
To apply: THIS IS IMPORTANT. IF YOU DO NOT FOLLOW THESE DIRECTIONS, YOU WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED! YOU GET ONE CHANCE TO GET THESE DIRECTIONS RIGHT – SO READ THEM, REREAD THEM, CHECK, AND THEN DOUBLE-CHECK BEFORE YOU HIT SEND!
You must send an email from your own account – do not send your application or resume through indeed.
- Send an email to [email protected] with the subject line – “I want the legal office assistant position.” The following will not be accepted: applications through the Indeed platform, messages through the platform, emails without the below information, emails without the correct subject line, emails not meeting #4 below.
- In your email (cover letter), tell us the following:
- Tell us a little about a recent book or movie or performance you really enjoyed and why it resonated with you;
- Tell us why you want this job right now and how this job will help you move towards your long-term career goals;
- Tell us why you are a better candidate than any other;
- Tell us your expected pay range; and
- Tell us your preferred schedule.
- Attach your resume as a PDF file. Only PDF files will be considered. Also, please don’t use a canned resume builder offered through the job site. It does not help you stand out.
- Make sure your spelling, grammar, and syntax are correct in everything you send!