For locals and visitors, spring time is a great time to get out and about in the state. I encourage everyone to enjoy the bounty provided to us here in this area.
Even if you are a Social Security Disability recipient or claimant, you may need a little respite from your conditions. To the extent of your abilities, get outside and partake in the atmosphere.
Here are a few upcoming activities/festivals that may interest you:
- The New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival (May 3-6; fee for entrance)
- Thibodaux Firemen’s Fair (May 3-6)
- Breaux Bridge Crawfish Festival (May 4-6; fee for entrance)
- Lake Charles Contraband Days (May 1-13; fee for entrance)
- Cochon de Lait Festival in Mansura (May 10-13)
- Plaquemines Parish (Belle Chasse) Seafood Festival (May 17-20)
- The Gonzales Jambalaya Festival (May 24-27)
- The Bayou Country Superfest in Baton Rouge (May 26-27; fee for entrance)
Whether you attend one of these events or something more local and low-key, I wish you the best and hope you have fun (if only for a few hours)!